By: Trend Micro
With Australian lives impacted by the current climate, more of us are working and schooling kids from home. To assist you during this difficult time, here are our top tips to keep you and your family safe online.
How to keep safe while working online:
- Ensure the device you are using has security software installed (either work supplied or your own) to protect you from ransomware, malware, and other threats
- Use a VPN (either company-provided or your own) when connecting to your work network to keep your data safe
- Only use the WiFi you trust to reduce the risk of being hacked
- Make sure you have a backup solution in place such as a USB or the cloud in case something goes wrong
- Watch out for scams and fake news around COVID-19. Only trust reputable sources
How to keep the family safe online:
- Keep your operating system and applications (software updates) up to date to protect yourself from being hacked
- Make sure all the devices in your home (phones, tablets, PCs) have security software installed to keep you safe from online threats and risks
- Schedule screen time for kids and their device. You can do this by drawing up a timetable or using parental controls features of your security software
- Set ground rules by having a conversation on what they can do online
- Discuss the importance of online safety with your kids.
You can read more here https://www.trendmicro.com/en_au/initiative-education/internet-safety-kids-families.html
Keeping with our continued support of our customers and community, we would like to offer your friends and families who may not have any protection on their mobile devices 6-months free access of Trend Micro™ Mobile Security. There are no long-term or financial commitments. Simply download Trend Micro Mobile Security from the Google Play or Apple App store.
Your Trend Micro Team